HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C.--The Patriots men's tennis team wrapped up their four match spring break trip with a 5-2 victory against Edinboro at Van Der Meer Center on Hilton Head Island. The Patriots posted a 2-2 record this week and are now 4-7 on the season.
George Mason took two of three doubles matches and posted four singles victories. The Patriots top two teams in doubles each earned 6-1 wins. Joe Hill and James Lange each won their singles matches in addition to teaming up as Mason's top team in doubles. Tanner Baine and Daniel Gutierrez won at No. 2 doubles.
Mason's Giuliano Buzoianu and Luke Maxwell each earned a point with wins in their singles matches in the No. 5 and 6 positions.
George Mason returns to the court with an away match in Emmitsburg, Md againt Mount St. Mary's on March 15.
1. Vitor Albanese (EDIN_M) def. Aaron Capitel (GMU) 7-6, 6-1
2. Joe Hill (GMU) def. Camilo Moncayo (EDIN_M) 6-2, 6-0
3. James Lange (GMU) def. Mauricio Santos (EDIN_M) 6-3, 6-3
4. Mateus Santos (EDIN_M) def. Tanner Baine (GMU) 6-4, 7-5
5. Giuliano Buzoianu (GMU) def. Daniel Fernandez (EDIN_M) 6-0, 7-5
6. Luke Maxwell (GMU) def. Kevin Mboko (EDIN_M) 6-4, 6-4
1. James Lange/Joe Hill (GMU) def. Vitor Albanese/Camilo Moncayo (EDIN_M) 6-1
2. Tanner Baine/Daniel Gutierrez (GMU) def. Daniel Fernandez/Mateus Santos (EDIN_M) 6-1
3. Kevin Mboko/Mauricio Santos (EDIN_M) def. Aaron Capitel/Giuliano Buzoianu (GMU) 6-4
Order - Singles: 2,3,1,4,6,5; Doubles: 1,2,3